*Role: *Benefits Administration Manager
Assignment: Core HR Services
Location: Louisville, KY
The Benefits Administration Manager sits in HR Core Services - Benefits Operations which is within the Human Resources Organization. The role oversees the analysts within this area who are responsible for administering benefits for Humana associates.
The Benefits AdministrationManageris responsible for administering Humana’s associate benefits timely and accurately while remaining compliant with various benefit regulations.
- Recruit, train and develop the Benefits Administration staff; currently a staff of four salaried associates
- Manage staff effectively assuring delivery of excellent customer service in all areas overseen: Monitoring service levels on associate inquires
- Service as a primary contact for benefit vendors
- Ensure Humana associates are successfully enrolled in welfare benefit plans throughout the year (Medical, Dental, FSA, HSA, etc.). Work with various teams to resolve associate, system and service issues
- Provide administrative oversight related to voluntary benefits: Life Insurance, Long-Term Care Insurance, and the Health and Wellness Program, Voluntary Benefits, COBRA, retiree and severance benefits, along with the service recognition program
- Key member on Humana’s annual Open Enrollment project team. Assist in defining requirements, perform system testing, develop and document processes, and ensure the annual enrollment is successful, properly administered and a positive experience for the associate
- Support the Benefits Design Department in its efforts, assuring benefit changes are well conceived and properly administered
- Evaluate internal processes for cost effectiveness & efficiency; Maintain documentation on Benefits processes
- Act as a liaison to acquisition partners to work through integration and onboarding of associate benefit plans
- Stay abreast of compliance matters and government regulations. Ensure that Humana administers benefits in compliance with its internal policies and laws that govern pretax benefits
- Play a key part in the oversight of our Enrollment WebTool I.E. Testing, identifying defects and defect resolution. With a keen eye toward evaluate capabilities of replacement system
- Serve functional role with project work related to Benefits Operations area
- Serve as contact to external benefit administration vendors (COBRA, Voluntary Benefits, Service Awards)
- Other duties as assigned
- Builds Trust: You honor your word by doing what you say you are going to do.
- Drives for Excellence: You are a continuous learner who encourages others to learn. By constantly upgrading your own work, you achieve results and outperform the competition.
- Implementation/Execution: You are good at organizing and managing multiple priorities and/or projects by using appropriate methodologies and tools.
- Problem Solving: You are a problem solver with the ability to encourage others in collaborative problem solving. Acting as both a broker and consultant regarding resources, you engage others in problem solving without taking over.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of five years of previous Benefits administration experience
- Proven ability to lead a team
- Ability to collaboratewith all levels of the organization
- Understand ERIS rules and regulations
- Ability to makesoundbusiness decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Strong technical skills including MS Access, Excel, Word
- Strong analytical/problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail/detail oriented
- Solid customer service skills
- Able to work in a deadline-driven organization and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to write and review communications and documents (procedures, SPDs)
- Comfortable presenting in a large group setting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- · Advanced degree
- · Experience using HRIS systems specifically Workday
At Humana, we know your well-being is important to you, and it’s important to us too. That’s why we’re committed to making resources available to you that will enable you to become happier, healthier, and more productive in all areas of your life. If you share our passion for helping people, we likely have the right place for you at Humana.
Title: Benefits Administration Manager
Requisition ID: 179650
Humana Inc., headquartered in Louisville, Ky., is a leading health care company that offers a wide range of insurance products and health and wellness services that incorporate an integrated approach to lifelong well-being. By leveraging the strengths of its core businesses, Humana believes it can better explore opportunities for existing and emerging adjacencies in health care that can further enhance wellness opportunities for the millions of people across the nation with whom the company has relationships.