Humana's Actuarial Summer Internship Program
This internship program is for current college or graduate students only. The internship will take place during the summer of 2018.
This position is a summer Actuarial Internship requiring a student with a mathematical background, strong analytical and communication skills, and leadership potential. Humana has several unique opportunities for growth in a variety of actuarial disciplines. The Humana Actuarial Organization is currently seeking interns who are interested in working in the Louisville, KY and Green Bay, WI markets. Our organization focuses on balancing and optimizing ongoing growth, profitability, and risk management for the enterprise. We do this through sophisticated, disciplined data analytics, emphasizing forecasting and projections from an enterprise wide and industry perspective, creating understanding as trusted partners and business leaders. As an Actuarial Intern you will assist your team by collecting data related to product development, pricing, reserving, financial reporting, and other actuarial functions. In addition you will analyze experience reports and manual rate analyses, assisting with developing recommendations for improvements. You will also be exposed to a variety of professional development and networking opportunities.
• Have an interest in pursuing the actuarial profession
• Be pursuing a degree related to the field (Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, etc.)
• Have passed or is scheduled to sit for at least one SOA exam
• Possess computer programming aptitude (projects will involve training and utilization of PLSQL, Microsoft Access, Excel, VBA coding, SAS, and other data applications)
• Have a strong academic history, with a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA being desired
• Graduate with a Bachelor's or Master's between December 2018 and May 2020
• Be actively involved on-campus and/or in the community
Humana does not provide visa sponsorship for its internships.
Title: College Recruiting - Actuarial Internship
Requisition ID: 180566
Humana Inc., headquartered in Louisville, Ky., is a leading health care company that offers a wide range of insurance products and health and wellness services that incorporate an integrated approach to lifelong well-being. By leveraging the strengths of its core businesses, Humana believes it can better explore opportunities for existing and emerging adjacencies in health care that can further enhance wellness opportunities for the millions of people across the nation with whom the company has relationships.
Humana complies with all applicable federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. We also provide free language interpreter services. See our full accessibility rights information and language options.