Role: Technology Leader
Location : Tampa, FL
In the fast-paced, ever-growing world of healthcare, Humana relies on the latest technology and trends for sharing and storing information, communication and security. We need experts in technology to help us develop and maintain our networks, hardware, and software—to ensure our systems run smoothly and efficiently, keep us on the forefront of innovation in healthcare, and retain our competitive edge. At Humana, we want to help people everywhere, including our associates lead their best lives and achieve lifelong well-being. We look for talented individuals who share this passion for helping others, who have naturally curious and innovative minds, and who want a career where they can use their technical skills to make a positive impact on the lives of our members.
Humana Insurance Company is seeking a Technology Leader for its Tampa, FL location. Will serve as a subject matter expert in system capabilities and system interactions, and delivery methodology for one or more assigned areas. They will work with solution engineering leaders, infrastructure leaders, business technology leaders, and the architect community to understand and advance the strategy they are enabling with their applications and teams. The Technology Leader will work closely with the Manager to ensure solution build timelines are met with the highest quality and to improve delivery methodologies, processes, and team productivity. The Technology Leader will develop deep-rooted expertise to provide long term knowledge continuity within an assigned area.
· Lead the delivery activities within one or more teams.
· Determine detailed activity breakdown structures.
· Assign tasks to resources allocated to their work-streams, if not an Agile team.
· Accumulate and provide periodic status, communication, and appropriate escalation.
· Assist engineers with Domain or Technical knowledge gaps.
· Ensure delivery timelines are being met.
· Work with Product Owners and Architects to ensure understanding of deliverables as well as to offer input and guidance into solution approaches.
· Work with managers, architects, business users, and team members to evaluate and provide team estimates for project and work requests.
· Mentor individuals and teams, working with resource managers on potential coaching situations.
· Advance the adoption of new techniques, tools, and processes to streamline delivery capabilities.
· Audit and provide feedback to team members regarding standards adherence, design principles, and expected patterns of work.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Engineering or other related field, plus 5 years of progressive experience in project management and design, development, testing and support of software applications and/or infrastructure. Must have the following experience:
· Designing, developing, and testing of software applications using .Net, Java, WCF, MVC, XML, HTML, SQL server, SSIS or Informatica ETLs;
· 5 years’ experience in integration patterns using realtime WCF web services, and batch integration using Mainframe or SSIS batch files;
· 3 years’ experience in Agile development methodologies, specifically Agile Scrum methodology;
· 3 years’ experience in project management methodologies and tools like MPP, PPT etc.;
· Managing multiple projects, and Agile scrum teams to deliver the projects;
· Designing, developing and leading the MDM solutions using IBM Initiate/SE/AE;
· Designing and developing EAI solutions using ESB tools like IBM DataPower & Microsoft BizTalk ESB;
· 2 years of experience in leading design and developing the IMDG solutions using Pivotal GemFire/Apache Geode;
· 2 years of experience working with IBM MQ, IBM Integration Bus/Message Broker or BizTalk;
· OOD and Enterprise Integration patterns and design tools including Visio, Sparx Enterprise Architect and iOrbus Server.
Will also accept a Master's degree plus 3 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor's plus 5 years of experience.
You will report to a Technology Manager. This area is under the leadership of the SVP & Chief Information Officer.
Pre-employment drug screen and background check required.
Send cover letter and detailed resume to Humana, Attn: Amanda Millay, Talent Acquisition Specialist, 500 West Main Street, Louisville, KY 40202, or apply online at www.humana.com/careers (Ref. # 176698). Only persons w/authorization to work permanently in the U.S. need apply. EEO.
Title: Technology Leader
Requisition ID: 176698