Role:Internal Audit Consultant Assignment:Internal Audit Location:Louisville, KY
Humana’s Internal Audit Consulting Group has a great opportunity for an exceptional Internal Audit Consultant to provide value-added service by evaluating the efficiency and effectiveness of Humana’s operational processes and supporting control structure. The Internal Audit Consulting Group is a leading edge team providing independent, objective assurance, consulting, and business advisory services that evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes. Our role drives the achievement of Humana’s strategic and financial objectives while guiding management on the appropriate level of risk taking necessary to achieve those objectives.
In addition to the exposure to corporate strategy, business plans, and the management teams that execute those strategies, consultants are exposed to various learning opportunities, such as Six Sigma, financial analysis and reporting, information technology development, project management and risk and control certification.
As an Internal Audit Consultant you will:
* Review and analyze processes, documentation and data to identify any gaps in the effectiveness of Humana’s governance, risk, and control environment.
* Provide proactive consulting and facilitation on risk, control, and governance processes for those areas under review. Collaborate with business process owners to drive execution at best in class levels.
* Execute audit engagement plans and perform all steps related to audits and special projects.
* Provide assurance around the effectiveness and efficiency of various Humana operational processes. You will interact with leaders in many different areas and at many different levels.
* Develop and maintain key working relationships across Humana related to your assigned functional area. Facilitate risk assessment discussions regarding strategic, financial, operational, and compliance components as part of the CEO’s enterprise risk management initiative. * Work with leadership to identify new and emerging risks and then plan internally to monitor and control those risks. Coordinate closely with an audit manager tasked with execution of specific audit engagements designed to test risk and control practices. Key Competencies * _Builds Trust:_Consistently models and inspires high levels of integrity, lives up to commitments, and takes responsibility for the impact of one's actions. * _Collaborates:_Engages others by gathering multiple views and being open to diverse perspectives, focusing on a shared purpose that puts Humana's overall success first. * _Executes for Results:_Effectively leverages resources to create exceptional outcomes, embraces change, and constructively resolves barriers and constraints. * _Interpersonal Effectiveness_: Understands oneself, effectively manages emotions, listens and communicates with respect, and builds trusting relationships.
Role Essentials * * Bachelor’s Degree * 3 to 5 years of audit or consulting experience * Successful track record in facilitating and consulting across teams and managing projects * Likes to focus on the "big picture" and thrives in a fast paced, multi-project work environment * Computer literate (MS Word, Power Point, Excel) * Excellent communication skills, both oral and written *Role Desirables * * Certifications such as CPA, CIA, CISA, CISSP, PMP, CFE * Advanced degree preferred * Six Sigma Black Belt or other Process Improvement or Quality Control expertise * Knowledge of Humana’s internal policies and procedures *Additional Information
At Humana, we’re also committed to making the resources available to you that will enable you to become happier, healthier, and more productive in all areas of your life. We know your well-being is important to you, and it’s important to us too. If you share our passion for helping people, we likely have the right place for you at Humana.
Title: Internal Audit Consultant
Requisition ID: 190439
Humana Inc., headquartered in Louisville, Ky., is a leading health care company that offers a wide range of insurance products and health and wellness services that incorporate an integrated approach to lifelong well-being. By leveraging the strengths of its core businesses, Humana believes it can better explore opportunities for existing and emerging adjacencies in health care that can further enhance wellness opportunities for the millions of people across the nation with whom the company has relationships.
Humana complies with all applicable federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. We also provide free language interpreter services. See our full accessibility rights information and language options.