The Lead Software Engineer codes software applications based on business requirements. The Lead Software Engineer works on problems of diverse scope and complexity ranging from moderate to substantial.
Role: Lead Software Engineer – Web (.net/c#)
Assignment: Humana Government Business – IT
Location: Louisville, KY
To function as a technical leader and primary designer of the Humana Government Business systems architecture which should be designed and implemented for the purpose of supporting the company's objectives in the most effective, efficient, and economical manner. This will include performing, delegating and guiding the following tasks: planning, analysis, design, development, testing and implementation and maintenance according the Humana Government Business Systems Development Life Cycle.
Our Department of Defense Contract requires U.S. citizenship for this position.
35% 1. System Planning, Analysis and Design.
• Work directly with business owners and subject matter experts to plan optimal solutions for business problems and opportunities.
• Lead systems analysis and design efforts with the responsibility for all tasks required in the initiation, definition, and specification of information systems. These systems can include multiple inputs, outputs, databases, business objects, web services and user interfaces.
• Lead cost/benefit and make/buy analysis as directed by senior IT leadership to determine if projects should be performed and if an in house or commercial solution should be implemented.
• Evaluate software development, testing and productivity tools for use by Humana Government Business IT.
• Assist Systems Manager or Director in planning education, documentation, and installation approaches in conjunction with the appropriate support documents.
• Provide preliminary workload estimates in all phases of systems development activities associated with a project for review by Systems Manager or Director.
• Document development materials in accordance with Humana Government Business and Project Leader standards.
• Prepare technical documentation to be utilized by IT staff and assist in preparation of end user documentation.
• Provide guidance and instruction in system analysis and design to junior IT staff.
• Work with other Application Architects and IT management to evaluate and define Humana Government Business technology standards.
• Perform design reviews of proposed system solutions before major coding begins.
25% 2. System Development, Testing and Implementation.
• Write, update and test complex programs for batch and online systems in accordance with Humana Government Business standards using in-house developed and third party controls.
• Guide junior staff in development and integration tasks.
• Prepare and execute detailed systems test plans and assist end users with acceptance testing as needed.
• Plan system installation and conversion support as directed by Systems Manager.
• Prepare all necessary system, operations and turnover documentation as directed by Systems Manager in accordance with Humana Government Business standards.
10% 3. System Maintenance.
• Oversee, document and perform work required to correct problems with and make minor modifications to existing systems as directed by the Systems Manager or Director.
• Provide on call support as requested for various applications systems.
Project and Change Management Accountabilities
10 % 4. Utilize Project Portfolio Management Methodology.
• Use Power Steering application to track time and status for assigned projects
• Create, update and store all required project artifacts, as directed, in the appropriate project repository, Sharepoint
10 % 5. Utilize Formal Change Management Process.
• Assist in creating and updating policies and procedures related to system turn processes, server changes, certs, and schedules. May assist business, as assigned, to make policy and procedure changes related to systems changes
• Submit code and object changes for turn according to established Humana Government Business processes and schedules.
• Review code for adherence to established best practices and Humana Government Business standards before migration to the QA environment as defined by the code review schedule.
• Verify that system turns completed successfully in the QA and production environments.
• May do server, app pool, and cert updates
General Performance Accountabilities
10 % 6. General Performance.
• Report time and progress on assigned tasks in accordance with HGB Information Systems development standards.
• Perform other tasks that may be assigned by Systems Manager or Director for the purposes of training and career development or are in the best interests of the company.
• Extend professional knowledge and skills through departmental supplied facilities and self-motivated opportunities.
This Role description in no way states or implies that the key accountabilities above are the only ones being performed by the individual(s) with this Role description. The individual(s) may be called upon and required to follow other instructions or perform other duties and tasks requested by his or her supervisor, consistent with the purpose of the position, department and/or company objectives.
• Department of Defense Contract requires U.S. citizenship for this position
• Successfully receive interim approval for government security clearance (eQIP - Electronic
Questionnaire for Investigation Processing)
• Eight years of progressive information technology experience
• Five years of current .Net and SQL Server experience
MS SQL Server back end databases
• Experience with MS SQL Server Stored Procedures and Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services SSIS
• Bachelor’s degree, technical area preferred or technical training equivalent and/or equivalent experience
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work well in a team design, development, and support setting
• Project Management Experience
• Experience with third party job scheduling tools such as ActiveBatch
• Experience with Rapid Application Development software tools such as Telerik RAD Controls
• Healthcare related experience
• Experience with PCI Credit Card, Billing, or Accounting a plus
• Ability to develop a strong working relationship with our business partners
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status, except where age, sex, or physical status is a bona fide occupational qualification. View the EEO is the Law poster.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.