The Senior Software Engineer codes software applications based on business requirements. The Senior Software Engineer work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
Role: Senior Software EngineerAssignment: Humana Government Business- ITLocation: Office- Louisville, KY Assignment CapsuleThe role of the Senior Software Engineer for Humana Government Business is to plan, analyze, design, develop, test, and implement information systems of high complexity within framework of the Humana Military systems architecture to support the company's objectives in the most effective, efficient, and economical manner.Our Department of Defense Contract requires U.S. citizenship for this position.Key Responsibilities
Systems Development Accountabilities
25% 1. System Planning, Analysis and Design.
· Use interview skills and general business knowledge to ascertain user requirements and overall business needs.
· Contribute significantly to systems analysis and design efforts with the responsibility for tasks associated with the initiation, definition, and specification of information systems. These systems can include multiple inputs, outputs, databases, business objects, web services and user interfaces.
· Assist Systems Management and Applications Architects with cost/benefit; make/buy analysis.
· Assist Systems Manager or Director in planning education, documentation, and installation approaches in conjunction with the appropriate support documents.
· Provide preliminary workload requirements in all phases of systems development activities associated with a project for review by Project Leader, Systems Manager or Director.
· Document development materials in accordance with Humana Military and Project Leader standards.
· Prepare user documentation as directed by Project Leader.
· Provide guidance and instruction in system analysis and design to junior staff.
35% 2. Relating to Development, Testing and Implementation.
· Write, update and test programs for batch and online systems in accordance with Humana Military standards using in-house developed and third party controls.
· Guide junior staff in coding tasks.
· Prepare and execute detailed systems test plans and assist end users with acceptance testing as needed.
· Plan system installation and conversion support as directed by Systems Manager or Director.
· Prepare all necessary system, operations and turnover documentation as directed by Systems Manager or Director in accordance with Humana Military standards.
10% 3. System Maintenance.
· Administer, document and perform work required to correct problems with and make minor modifications to existing systems as directed by Systems Manager.
· Provide on call support as requested for various applications systems.
Project and Change Management Accountabilities
10% 4. Utilize Project Portfolio Management Methodology.
· Use Project Dashboard application to manage assigned projects
· Create, update and store all required project artifacts as assigned in the project repository designated in the Project Dashboard.
· Participate in and contribute to Scrum sessions (Agile Methodology), Phase Review (Waterfall Methodology) sessions and other project work sessions as required.
10% 5. Utilize Formal Change Management Process.
· Submit code and object changes for turn according to established Humana Military processes and schedules.
· Verify that system turns completed successfully in the QA and production environments.
General Performance Accountabilities
10% 6. Relating to General Performance
· Report time and progress on assigned tasks in accordance with Information Systems development standards.
· Perform other tasks that may be assigned by supervisor for the purposes of training and career development or are in the best interests of the company.
· Extend professional knowledge and skills through departmental supplied facilities and self-motivated opportunities.
Our Department of Defense Contract requires U.S. citizenship for this position.
Four years of progressive information technology experience
Good oral and written communication skills
Ability to work well in a team development setting
Ability to perform analysis and design, requirements gathering, documentation, programming, testing, system installation and/or conversion.
Experience creating Web Services and utilizing APIs
Two years of current experience using Visual Studio, C#, .NET framework, MVC, JSON or equivalent Java development experience
Database development experience with SQL Server, SQL Stored Procedures and SSIS
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Computer Information Systems, or equivalent technical training/experience
Experience in designing and developing efficient and high availability Web Services/Rest APIs
Performance testing, profiling and tuning
Successfully receive interim approval for government security clearance (eQIP - Electronic Questionnaire for Investigation Processing)
Full Stack Development
Experience with IBM DB2
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status, except where age, sex, or physical status is a bona fide occupational qualification. View the EEO is the Law poster.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.