Role: Applications Consultant- (Web, Mobile, iOS, Android)
Assignment: Humana Government Business- IT
Location: Louisville, KY
In the fast-paced, ever-growing world of Healthcare, Humana relies on the latest technology and trends for sharing and storing information, communication and security. We need experts in technology to help us develop and maintain our networks, hardware, and software—to ensure our systems run smoothly and efficiently, keep us on the forefront of innovation in healthcare, and retain our competitive edge. At Humana, we want to help people everywhere, including our associates lead their best lives and achieve lifelong well-being. We look for talented individuals who share this passion for helping others, who have naturally curious and innovative minds, and who want a career where they can use their technical skills to make a positive impact on the lives of our members.
The Senior Applications Consultant for Humana Government Business will plan, analyze, design, develop, test, and implement information systems of high complexity within framework of the Humana Military systems architecture to support the company's objectives in the most effective, efficient, and economical manner.
· Design, program, test, implement and support information systems within the framework of the HGB systems architecture to support the company's objectives in the most effective, efficient, and economical manner.
· Ability to multitask across multiple technologies preferred – web, client server, iOS/Android operating systems, and vendor supplied software.
· Accountable for understanding the business needs of the organization and translating those needs into technological systems designs specifications and solutions.
· Contribute significantly to systems analysis and design efforts with the responsibility for tasks associated with the initiation, definition, and specification of information systems. Document development materials in accordance with Humana Military standards. Prepare user documentation as directed.
· Write, update and test programs for batch and online systems and submit code and object changes for turns in accordance with Humana Military standards. Prepare and execute systems test plans and assist end users with acceptance testing as needed.
· Plan system installation and conversion support and prepare all necessary system, operations and turnover documentation as directed by Systems Manager or Director in accordance with Humana Military standards.
· Develop enhancements, resolve issues, correct problems, make minor modifications, and coordinate testing of releases and oversee regular production efforts including data extracts, customizations and monitoring.
· Provide on call support as requested for various applications systems.
Successfully receive interim approval for government security clearance (eQIP - Electronic Questionnaire for Investigation Processing)
Our Department of Defense Contract requires U.S. citizenship for this position
Four years of progressive information technology experience
Good oral and written communication skills
Ability to work well in a team development setting
Ability to perform analysis and design, requirements gathering, documentation, programming, testing, system installation and/or conversion.
Experience in designing and developing efficient and high availability Web Services/Rest APIs
Two years of current experience using Visual Studio, TFS, .NET framework, MVC
Database development experience with Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Stored Procedures and SSIS
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Computer Information Systems, or equivalent technical training/experience
Design and development of web services
Performance testing, profiling and tuning
Two years of current experience with iOS and Android platforms
Full Stack development
Title: Sr Applications Consultant - (Web, Mobile, iOS, Android)
Requisition ID: 189262
Humana Inc., headquartered in Louisville, Ky., is a leading health care company that offers a wide range of insurance products and health and wellness services that incorporate an integrated approach to lifelong well-being. By leveraging the strengths of its core businesses, Humana believes it can better explore opportunities for existing and emerging adjacencies in health care that can further enhance wellness opportunities for the millions of people across the nation with whom the company has relationships.
Humana complies with all applicable federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. We also provide free language interpreter services. See our full accessibility rights information and language options.