The IT Project Manager 2 oversees various system projects and/or programs of a highly complex nature. The IT Project Manager 2 work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
Project Managers are responsible for establishing and leading enterprise-wide, cross-functional strategic initiatives. PMs lead a variety of different types of projects including launching new products and services, large-scale application development, systems integration, BPO arrangements, operational efficiency improvements, process reengineering and infrastructure upgrades and deployments.
· Single accountable party for defining, planning, orchestrating, and delivering a given strategic initiative.
· Ensures end results are of the highest caliber with a clearly articulated scope and quantifiable business benefit.
· Directs large-scale, complex projects often involving multiple internal and external constituents and matric partners.
· Accountable for one or more initiatives including business, operational, and IT deliverables.
· Directly manages all aspects of the project life cycle and works with matrix IT partners to oversee all SDLC phases of a project.
· Rigorously manages scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed upon time, cost, and quality parameters.
· Validates financial forecasts and provides on-going reconciliation or resources and other related project expenditures.
· Develops communication plans and interfaces to execute on responsibilities
· Serves as a Subject Matter Expert in routinely briefing key stakeholders on different aspects of assigned initiatives.
· Chairs weekly Core Team and monthly Operating Committee meetings to review progress with key constituents.
· Defines and tracks project milestones while developing, maintaining, and reporting on an overall integrated delivery plan.
· Develops the project charter, integrated project plan, resource plan, contingency plan, and related project artifacts.
· Publishes periodic project status reports.
· Proposes recommendations and adjustments
· Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders; mobilize and motivate teams; set direction and approach; resolve conflict; deliver tough messages with grace; execute with limited information and ambiguity.
· Ability to navigate a highly matrixed organization effectively.
· Sound business and technical acumen.
· Focused and versatile team player that is comfortable under pressure.
· Ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision both written and verbal
· Strong presentation skills
· Ability to remove barriers and enable teams to complete objectives.
· Demonstrated applied experience establishing and delivering complex projects.
· Excellent problem solving and critical-thinking skills.
· Exemplary core project management skills including multiple aspects of the PMBOK
· Extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of the project management and SDLC methodologies and tools.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status, except where age, sex, or physical status is a bona fide occupational qualification. View the EEO is the Law poster.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.